Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy Italian Republic Day!

Today marks the 59th year of the Italian Republic - a virtual baby in the world of Republics, which does in fact explain quite a bit! I'm not quite sure what this holiday was thinking, falling on a Saturday and therefore depriving good people like myself of an extra day off, but sometimes these things just happen I suppose.

Tomorrow is Andrea's big playoff game, and this time it's home so I'll be there with my S.Enea hat donned and a flicker of worry in my brow. If they lose this one, they go down a category - which, to most of you means absolutely zero, but to me means a lot of long faces. If they win, they play again next Sunday (best out of three), if they win that one...I think they're safe...but here I admit to being clueless. All I know is the season seems to have gone on more or less 16 months this year, if I've done my math correctly.

Anyway, I do realize I spend most of this blog complaining, so here I will add in a little sunshine for once: it's almost time for summer vacation! Yayyyyyy!!!!!!! Hang on to that one, and hang onto it tight my little readers!!!

No comments: