Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Why????

The older I get, the more capable I become of controlling my anger. Except, and this is a big Except, when I'm driving along the streets of Perugia.

Why? WHY? Do you have to nearly kill me on principle? I'm *sorry* I didn't merge fast enough onto the highway! I'm *sorry* you sped up at the last minute so I couldn't turn left but I did anyway and so you had time to simultaneously give me the finger and honk your horn but apparently didn't have quite enough reaction time to ACTUALLY SLOW DOWN to avoid hitting me! Good thing I slammed on my freakin breaks.

Why? Are you really late for dinner? Is your wife going to kill you? Do you really have to get to work as soon as possible so you can manage to finish paying off your 5 trillion Euro gas-guzzling Mercedes? Or are you just an a**hole?

Well, then a**hole, I just have one final question for you - although I think I already know the answer: Why is my time/car/lane/life worth less than yours?

Rant completed (till I drive to work tomorrow).

1 comment:

Roberta Krumholz said...

Maybe he's a NY cab driver! Glad you are safe, have good reflexes, and have wonderful anger management control. Love, Mom