Thursday, September 4, 2008

Drill baby! Drill!

So, I just lived through (barely) the unfortunate experience of watching Giuliani's RNC speech.

I don't know that I've ever been more offended, more embarassed by politics. Ok, that's not entirely true. I've sort of had that same vomit-in-my-mouth feeling for the past 8 years, every time W donned a sari for a press conference or made a wincingly painful joke in grammatically incorrect English. Though, if we're to listen to ex-mayor Giuliani, Obama is the one who's "the least experienced candidate for president of the United States in at least the last 100 years."

After listening to Giuliani's mindless propaganda, I have to ask myself: am I supposed to be ashamed of my college degree now? Humiliated because I love New York City? Outcast because I don't believe that yelling "zero...zero....zero..." at the other candidate is an acceptable way to run a campaign? Well, I guess they're right...I guess I'll just give up now. Lord knows I essentially hate America anyway, I don't know why I should even get the right to vote! *eye roll*

I keep waiting for the Dumbing Down of America to hit rock bottom (lord knows I thought we'd already arrived there), but it just keeps getting worse!

1 comment:

Roberta Krumholz said...

It's a sad state of affairs! Love, Mom