Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


Well, lucky me voted via absentee ballot weeks ago. On the positive side, I avoided all the crazy lines. On the negative side, I guess I'll never really be sure if it (a) got there, (b) was counted or (c) wasn't used by my mailman to block off a leak in his bathroom.
My hopes are high today. These past few days have indeed brought me back some long-lost faith in my country: we are coming out in record numbers, more decisive than ever before. Proof that we do in fact believe in something, a doubt that's been haunting me for quite some time now. We have succeeded in something, whatever happens now. Ok...now maybe that's going a little too far: GOBAMA!!!

1 comment:

Roberta Krumholz said...

To ease your concern a bit, when I went to register, they had absentee ballot next to your name. Love and whoppee!! Mom