Friday, December 19, 2008

Jodi & Andrea present....DOUBLE!



Now that the cat's out of the bag in all areas of my life (family, friends, work...), I can even bring the news to my blog: WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!! =)

The little one has been lovingly nicknamed "Double" (long story but, no, we're not having twins) and hasn't caused his/her Mom too too much pain! Minor, really, and now that I'm officially in my second trimester I'm feeling pretty damn good actually. (Well, if you don't count my mega headache right now, but that's from my company Xmas party last night, not baby-related!)

The picture above is Double's second ultrasound -- he/she (yes, we want to find out the gender but it's still too early to tell) was in great form. Literal hand-clapping and general wiggling was involved...this one's not going to be much of a sleeper, I can tell already!

Andrea and I are thrilled and -- oddly enough -- feeling pretty ready (not like "bring it on NOW" ready, but well on our way!) and are so excited to be able to share this really cool, exciting, fun, momentous, incredible, mysterious, weird, life-changing period of our lives with you all!

Stay tuned for further updates!!

2 comments:

Alice in Infoland said...

Congratulations! I bet your mom is *already* shopping for Double.

Roberta Krumholz said...

Dad and I are as thrilled as you both are. Also can't wait for the big event, but we promise to be patient. Yes, I did buy a teddy bear- not like the one you cherish, though. Love, Mom