Saturday, March 10, 2012

I am so lucky.

All that we behold is full of blessings.
William Wordsworth

If I had a dime for every time I turned to my facebook page and felt the urge to write "I am so lucky." as my status update.... I always hold myself back, though, wanting to avoid the sentimental. Or maybe it's because it's something I want to keep to myself, letting it be special in the voice inside my head.

But I can't hide it any longer: I am so lucky. Yes, life can be so hard, and it's about to get a whole hell of a lot harder, but it is also filled with lightness and air and sparkle.

There are so many reasons for my luck - most of them are the people I've been lucky enough to connect with through my 37 years on this earth. I've been let down in my life, yes, but few enough times that the bad don't in any way outnumber the good.

Luck. Fortune. Good chance. Whatever you call it, I have been blessed enough to receive it. And I only hope I am able to pay it forward to all the people in my life who have helped it be so.

No comments: