Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Samina turns 7!

Wow, I can't believe the last time I wrote was for Sami's 6th birthday...and now, here we are, she just turned 7 a couple weeks ago! I feel I need to write a little love letter to my baby though, so here goes.


Dearest Sami,

You are your own person and I genuinely hope, every single day, that is something you will never lose. Your sense of self, your multi-colored outfits and soul, your keen sense of comic timing, your (seeming) lack of self-consciousness. I would love to take credit for it and say that it's thanks to these last 7 years of childhood that have made you so confident, but the truth is you were just born this way. Knowing who you were and what you wanted, what pissed you off and what made you happy, from day 1.

Moms always say they learn more from their children than vice-versa, and we are no exception. You (and your sister) are a constant source of inspiration to me. I am awed by you both. You really do help make me a better person, and perhaps most importantly you have shown me what absolute, no-strings-attached true love really means. What it feels like to be so wholly loved and accepted, no matter.

But enough gushing. Here's a list of your current loves and hates.

You currently Love:
Candy and chocolate, snuggle time with Mommy, playing with your sister, music and dancing, laughing, family, buying new clothes, books, squishies, getting your nails done, SHOES, tv and movies, taking pictures, rollerblading and generally doing dangerous feats outside, parties, making messes, making us laugh.

You currently Hate:
Getting in trouble, having to turn off the tv, feeling someone lied to you, feeling made fun of, getting up early in the morning, not getting your way, weird-consistency food, saying goodbyes, cleaning up, having to put on sensible shoes, when anyone you love is sad.

Samina, my baby girl, the clown of our house. Your presence in our lives is a constant reminder to find the joy - the color - in everything. And I will never be able to thank you enough for that.

We love you, Pookie,

Mommy, PapĂ  and Sofi




No comments: