Saturday, December 9, 2006

Me: Spirit of Christmas Past

Yesterday we trimmed up the tree and placed the menorah in the entrance nook. I am now officially ready for the holidays: bring 'em on!

This year we finally took the leap from the pea-size 2-foot tree we'd been using for the past 8 years to a 6-foot tree that almost touches my ceiling (that was a lot of useless number information). I have been stealing glances at the tree all day, I love the way the lights reflect on the tinsel. I was originally against the tinsel, but I agreed to let Andrea lead the decorating this year and I have to admit, he is wiser than I in this department -- me being a Jew and all.

To be noted: most of our Italian friends who came over last night were shocked that I'd never had a tree at home...they had no idea that the *Christmas* tree is of *Christian* usage!

Happy Decking the Halls everyone!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Ma chi sei lo spirito del Natale "ebreo"?

Andrea said...

...uno spirito bellissimo!

monica said...

Hi Jodes! Just wanted to send you this: *grin*