Friday, December 21, 2007

Choosing Your Choices

I'm sitting here at my last day of work, in a quiet pre-holiday office (luckily that just means less awkward goodbyes) and thinking about the last 2 and a half years I have spent here. I wouldn't say I'm nostalgic...not enough time has passed yet for that. I'm just pensive, thinking about how much of our lives is made up of making choices. What to have for breakfast, when's the right time to change your career path, who to invite over for dinner, where to take your next vacation, how to fit in everything you want to do today.

I seem to be the Clichè Queen these days, but I'll risk the flying tomatoes: Life is Choice. And the decisions we make are who we are, define us. And each time we arrive at that proverbial fork in the road, we are being given a chance (or, really, giving ourselves a chance) to re-adjust our persona - to modify how we will be seen, interpreted, translated and remembered.

How often we give ourselves a chance to do that is entirely up to us. Do you want to stay where you are, are you happy with the way you are being interpreted? Or do you feel like something needs adjusting, like you've *almost* pegged it, but there's some missing element? Because, if your answer is an *almost* like I think it probably is...it's most certainly time to make a choice.

No pressure or anything.

No comments: