Saturday, January 10, 2009

Double Trouble!



We had our last visit with Dr. Vitali on Wednesday and let's just say, boy or girl, my baby's already got a personality! Refused to uncross those legs and let us find out the gender. Most votes go for a stubborn girl (she would in fact have quite a precedent) or a timid boy.

Either is still fine with us, as long as Double's healthy -- and, from the last visit, he/she is indeed! We got a look at the 2 lobes of the brain, the formed bladder, the heart, the pulsating umbilical cord (little known fact my doctor gave us: a healthy umbilical cord pulsates at the same rate as the heartbeat...which it was!), the arms and legs and eyes.

Our next appointment - the 3D ultrasound where we'll get a more in depth look (does it make me a bad mother to admit I'm afraid these images of my alien baby are going to freak me out?) and - yes - we've been promised they'll poke and prod me until Double reveals its privates. Is my kid going to love me or WHAT?

No comments: