Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Baggage, found.

Gone missing: Friday, December 22nd, 2006 somewhere on my American Airlines flight from JFK to Puerto Rico.

Recovered: January 16, 2007, Delta Airlines in Atlanta. Far be it from me to judge (anyway, I am too busy rejoicing).


To all my beloved readers, things I have learned from my experience:

1. Whenever possible, don't check anything.

2. If you must check a bag, bring essentials in your carry-on (underwear, change of clothes, a picture of what your checked bag once looked like).

3. Leave the bottles of Nocino that you were supposed to be giving to your brother at home. This way, you can carry it on (no liquids).

4. Have a mother who is willing to waste half a month on the telephone with airlines everywhere.

There: I have been to the luggage brink but somehow made it back, to teach all of you my valuable lessons. Now let us rejoice!

No comments: