Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Week from Hell

See those? Those are the flames that I spent this last week burning in. NOT fun. Warm and uncomfortable.

This week has taught me nothing, but reminded me of an unfortunate truth: People Suck. Plain and simple, they just do. When I was 12, my brother wrote a song for me: "Jodi Hates Everybody" and, I have to admit it, not much has changed since I was 12.

My little vent here thankfully is in reference to my work life and not my personal life -- two things which I am desperately trying to keep separate (suggestions welcomed). Let's just say the last time I witnessed such back-stabbing, two-faced, manipulative choosing camps was, well.... There's a reason the song went "Jodi Hates Everybody."

I am going to ask that whoever reads this posts me a comment about something positive to think about. Like, "Ice cream and pug puppies." I need my spirits lifted.

Hope you all managed to keep cooler under the collar than I did this week.

2 comments:

Scott Krumholz said...

Jode,

First of all, I can't believe you remeber that song!! Maybe you should chant the "picture postcard" song instead to give you some warm thoughts!

Just remember the old proverb. . . "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy" and that should set you straight. The point is...what is the point?...oh yeah, things could always be worse!

For example, you could have dropped close to a million dollars on, lets say, a coffee/ice cream shop and wound up being harrassed by customers, employees, employees' parents, employees' parents' parents, and sued by the Department of Labor, and also the landlord, despite working nearly 24 hours/day, 7days/week for nearly three years.

I know what your going to say: "that's absurd! how about some non-fiction for a change".

Anyway, an in closing, I'll leave you with the wise words of a great Italian soccer player I know..."No me rompere gatz!" that's all you have to say and it should be fine!!

Feel better,

Love,

Scott

monica said...

KVR. Knottie Island. Chocolate. Italian soccer players. Better? :)