Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Picking Up Peanut

It's 3:48pm. Crucial moment here in the household, because it means that in all of 12 minutes I will be going to pick up my Peanut.

Positives: I GET TO SEE PEANUT! I've missed her all day and can't wait for that smile I (sometimes) get when I walk through the daycare door.

Negatives: After said (possible) smile, I will then spend the subsequent 28 minutes convincing her to (a) leave daycare, (b) sit in her car seat (this is the worst one, and lately involves punishment of some sort) and (c) not to pull my hair.

Do the positives outweigh the negatives? Well, that wholly depends on what time you ask me. You see, the lovely thing about parenthood, spanning from the actual birthing to anything from meltdowns to missed curfews to screaming matches, is that, hours later, it is already physically impossible to sensorially remember just how much your kid pissed you off.

So, right now, seeing as I haven't seen my Peanut since 8:45 this morning when she insisted on turning on my car radio in the driveway before I left for work, I can say: no brainer, positives are definitely outweighing the negatives, can't wait to see her.

On the other hand, if you ask me in a half-hour, amid the hair-pulling-not-doing-the-carseat-thing drama, my answer will be of quite a different sort: ADOPT HER!!!!!

Happy Belated Mommy's Day, co-Mommies!

2 comments:

Roberta Krumholz said...

I'm up for the adoption. Send her over. I don't have a lot of hair to pull.

jodi said...

Today was a good pick-up day: no hair pulling. So, I'll keep her. Thanks anyway Mema!