Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday girl!


My baby girl is 2 today.

I've said that sentence over to myself every day this week. I guess I've been trying to take it in, see how it felt. And it felt....exactly the way I thought it would: sunny with a chance of showers.

My baby girl.

Each one of those words separately has taken so much getting used to:

My.

Baby.

Girl.

And now, she's a real little person. A walking, talking, sassy little jokester with the cutest crooked smile and the sweetest, sweetest grey-blue eyes. I'm so proud of the little girl she is so far, and so excited to see what she will continue to become.

Happy 2nd anniversary of your birth day, my Peanut.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Peanut! Love, your Auntie Mer, who is a slacker and did not read blogs all weekend long but still loves you kiss kiss

jodi said...

Thank you Auntie Mer!!! =)