Thursday, June 30, 2011

Growing Pains

Perhaps the most surreal part of being a parent is that you can literally see your child grow in front of your eyes. There are days when she'll wake up from a nap or come home from daycare and I'll take one look at her and see a whole new being in front of me.

"Did she get taller???" I ask Andrea. Yep, he sees it too.

I guess people who garden know what I'm talking about. One day you plant a seed and a short, random while later, you walk outside and there's a teeny tiny tomato making its way into the world.

(I just compared my daughter to a tomato.)

Sofia is getting big. And I'm now enough in the parenting groove to realize that her desire to sit on my lap and watch birds while holding hands is not going to last. I'm aware of it, now more than ever, and I know it's only going to move faster from here on out. So, this is my public promise to take it all in as much as I can - without becoming obsessive about it. Just feel free to take your time, Peanut!

No comments: