Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Andrea!

My husband deserves a trophy. In fact, if there were secret agents running around, stealthily choosing who to give such a Husband of the Year trophy to, I would bet my bottom dollar on him winning. No brainer.

I don't spend enough time praising Andrea. Truth be told, many times, if you had a window into our lives, you would find yourself thinking "Poor Andrea!" He is (so, so, so) often the poor soul who bears the brunt of my many character flaws. And yet, the reality is, he inspires me every single day to be a better person, a better Jodi and, since Sofia's arrival, a better parent. So, being as today is the anniversary of his birth, no time like the present to publicly sing his praises>>>

Andrea is strong. He is - though I generally hate this metaphor - a rock. If there were a fire drill, he'd be the guy who'd have everyone organized (and singing Kumbaya and sharing glasses of wine) in lines in about 2 seconds.

Andrea is hysterical. He's goofy, and a refined appreciator of double entendre.

Andrea is really freaking smart. And anyone who's ever spoken to him for more than 4 seconds knows this.

Andrea is kind. The only things I've ever seen him hate are injustice and mosquitoes.

Andrea is really creative. Lots of people only know his highly scientific/mathematical side. But, lest we forget, he's a Gemini! He's got so many sides to him, he'd give Freud a true run for his money. He is also a really gifted artist, little known fact.

Andrea is an amazing father. And Sofia is so very lucky to have him - and not only because he plays with her and makes her laugh and cuddles her every chance he gets...but because he really, truly, enjoys getting to know her for who *she* is and not at all who he wants her to be (though, Sofia, if you're reading this, I know he'd really appreciate it if you'd take the whining down a notch, thankyouverymuch).

I really could go on for hours here. I am a lucky lady, and that's even without any comment on what a hottie he is!!

So, my dear, one-of-a-kind adventurer...I love you and wish you all the joy you deserve in this life.

AUGURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Roberta Krumholz said...

Absolutely brought tears to my eyes. Jodi, you said it beautifully and with such passion. Couldn't ask for a better son-in-law! You founda manwho takesafter your father! With love, mom